Mindful Savage tip of the week: ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️ Do you have a body composition goal? If yes, prepare your food the night before. Failing to do so will increase the odds that you will make poor food choices during the day. We’ve all been there. Like when you decide to stop by the Taco Bell drive through window after work because you’re too tired to cook food. Or you grab that Hershey bar the size of your face at the grocery store because you’re so hungry. Don’t succumb to decision fatigue and get “saved by the bell”! Take the extra 5 minutes the night before to help your body and mind. ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️ Benefits of this include: staying on track towards your health or fitness goals, better energy, clearer thoughts, saves you money, and keeps you from eating dog shit wrapped in foil. ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️ This isn't saying you shouldn't treat yo self every once in a while 🍰 Just make sure you’re in charge of your food and that it’s not in charge of you. A good rule of thumb is to keep 80% of your meals and snacks on target for your goal. That leaves 20% for you to spice things up a bit. DM us or comment below for help on meal prep!


Comments

Popular Posts

This is a photo of a waffle I had the other day. I smothered it in butter and syrup and ate it within 4 minutes. I also had a side of home fries covered in ketchup and some greasy sausage patties. It was EFFIN delicious. Could this have been “healthier”? Many would say yes. I’d argue no. What many forget is that we set impossibly high standards for nutrition. Everyone is expected to eat “healthy” at every meal. The reality is eating healthy at every meal is in fact unhealthy. Sure, “healthy” foods typically have a better nutrient profile than “non-healthy” foods. But that is in the physical sense of the word healthy. Most forget that humans are emotional creatures as well. The mind AND the body work together to create health. There are many out there who look like Greek gods and goddesses that eat healthy at every meal. The unfortunate truth is that oftentimes they’re not emotionally healthy. They deprive themselves of many things they enjoy (food is one example) for purely aesthetic reasons. They may look like famous Greek statues but inside they’re crumbling. The point of this post is to remind you that not every meal needs to be perfect or healthy. In fact, we encourage you to eat the things you really enjoy. Nutrition needs to be something that fits your lifestyle, is sustainable over a long period of time and helps you become healthier physically AND mentally. A good ratio to use for your meals is the 80:20 rule. 80% of your meals are “healthy” and help you improve your physical health (after all... we only get one body so it needs to last). The other 20% should go towards foods that you enjoy. This ratio encourages moderation and doesn’t exclude any food. If you have any questions about nutrition or want to know where I got my waffle and/or how great it was, hit us up! We’d love to help.

What have you done to unwind and relax this weekend? Finding ways to de-stress is vital for your health. For most, the weekend is the best time to do this. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Finding this time will help you in more ways than you thought. Reducing stress can... ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1. Bring sanity and peace back to your life 2. Make you feel happy again 3. Recharge your physical and mental batteries 4. Help you connect better with those you love and others (people who are constantly stressed out typically aren’t fun to be around) 5. Help you lose body fat 6. Improve your sex life ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This photo is of a place I would decompress at. I would bring a couple of beers, water, some snacks and a chair. I’d sit there in total silence and just watch and listen. Is this perfect for most? Nope. But it worked for me. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Find what works for you. Take a walk outside. Read a book. Have A drink. Find a beach. Workout. Run with your dog. Hang out with your loved ones. Hell, go climb a mountain and take a vow of silence for two days! The point is to find things that help make you YOU again. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Comment below to share your how you de-stress!